Updated for 2017
If you are looking to come to Hollywood Beach for the Star Spangled 4th of July Celebration you have a few options.
Due to heavy traffic and limited parking, spectators are encouraged to utilize the free shuttle buses departing from two downtown parking garage locations to Connecticut Street and N. Ocean Drive. The shuttle information is as follows:
The free shuttles will run from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Please note the last shuttles will leave for the beach at 8 p.m., at which time regular vehicular travel on A1A between Hollywood Boulevard and Sheridan Street will be restricted. Returning shuttles begin at 9:30 p.m. at the conclusion of the fireworks display.
Hollywood Police will restrict incoming vehicular traffic to A1A between Hollywood Boulevard and Sheridan Street from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. or sooner should parking and traffic levels reach capacity.
• Eastbound traffic on Hollywood Boulevard onto the beach will be diverted to southbound A1A.
• Northbound traffic on A1A will be diverted to westbound Hollywood Boulevard.
• Southbound traffic on A1A will be diverted to westbound Sheridan Street.
Following the event, vehicles parked on Garfield Street and all points south will be directed southbound on A1A to Hollywood Boulevard or Hallandale Beach Boulevard. Vehicles parked on Arthur Street north to Thomas Street north will be directed northbound to Sheridan Street. Vehicles parked at North Beach Park and all points north will be diverted northbound to Dania Beach Boulevard. Southbound traffic north of Sheridan Street will be diverted westbound on Sheridan Street.
Intracoastal Waterway bridges will maintain their regular schedules throughout the day and early evening, but from 8 p.m. to midnight the following bridges will remain in the down position to allow vehicular traffic to enter and exit the beach: Dania Beach Boulevard, Sheridan Street and Hollywood Boulevard.
The Hollywood Trolley will run starting at 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., the trolley service is $1 per ride. Download the free Trolley Tracker App for complete trolley information. http://hollywoodcra.org/index.aspx?nid=149
If you are looking to go elsewhere on the beach, the Hollywood Trolley will still run it’s normal route and rides are only $1.00 per rider.
Garage parking is available at the following locations on Hollywood Beach:
- Hollywood Beach Garage at A1A and Hollywood Boulevard
- North Beach Park at Sheridan Street and A1A (must enter before sundown)
- Garfield Parking Garage at Garfield Street and A1A
- Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort at A1A and Johnson Street
- Keating Park at 2400 S. Ocean Drive/301 Magnolia Terrace
- the Dunewalk/Summit Lot at 1200 S. Ocean Drive
- Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood Beach at 3555 S. Ocean Drive
These lots all fill up quickly so make sure to plan your day accordingly. Some people only come for the day and leave in the afternoon, but those that want to see the fireworks are usually in place by 5pm. (download the Hollywood Beach Parking Map)
You may be able to find some private parking lots, but be ready to pay. I have seen rates as high as $40/day on past years 4th of July celebrations.
Be sure to see all of the activities and events happening on Hollywood Beach 4th of July Celebration.